What is an alpha male?
An alpha male or alpha man is a man who gives off a dominant energy in most social situations in his life. Certain species of animals for example; apes and wolves determine the alpha with a fight. Winner stays alpha until a subordinate challenges the alpha and takes his place. Sound familiar ?
These 5 Alpha Male Traits will help you determine if you have what it takes to be an alpha male.
- Alpha men don't care what other people think of them.
- Alpha men believe in themselves and even if they fail or have a bad day. They accept that, and keep moving forward. YES! Even if they fail in front of a crowd. Alpha men can laugh at themselves with other people.
- Alpha men don't need to feel accepted and that naturally makes other people want to be around them. Weird huh?
2. Thirst for knowledge
"A fool thinks himself to be wise but a wise man knows himself to be the fool" - William Shakespeare
You are never to old to learn something new and in this day and age knowledge is at your fingertips. Don't know something but want to learn it? Google it! (That is probably how you found me!) Never lose that hunger, because all that knowledge will bring you power.
- An alpha male knows no one is going to do the work for him. He doesn't quit and he is adaptable.
- Warriors are not worriers. Accept the things you can't change and change the things you can. Need to change your strategy to achieving those goals? Do it!
4. Risk Taker
- It takes balls to get into that cage, look across into the eyes of the opponent who has the same mission as you do in that moment. Win. You can't win if you never compete.
- This is applied in all situations of the alpha males life like his business, his relationships, and his body.
- Alpha men accept the fear of the risk but go ahead and take it anyway.
How do I become an Alpha Male?
My number one tip for you is to practice being aware. Being aware is when instead of going on autopilot and walking through life mindlessly reacting, you observe the situations you are in and observe your body and thoughts.
- Pay attention to your behaviors even if you have to ask yourself "What would an alpha male do?" (WWAAMD) when presented with a situation you are unsure how to handle.
- Be aware when you don't feel confident. Question what it is about the current situation your in that is making you feel in that way.
- Be aware of how you fuel your body and fuel your brain to make sure your emotions don't get the better of you. The foods you consume could be contributing to negative thinking and feelings.
- Practicing awareness of your actions and feeling is training your brain to change behavior patterns so you can hack yourself into becoming an alpha male.